Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 28, 2008

D Day - 9.8.08 (aka Delivery Day!)

So my suspicions that William has gotten a lot bigger over the last two weeks have been confirmed! At our last appointment three weeks ago (34 weeks) William was estimated to weigh 5 lbs 12oz and his head was the size of a full term baby and overall body length was three weeks ahead. On Tuesday, (37 weeks) we got another ultrasound...Lee and I took bets going in on what he was going to weigh. Lee guessed 7lbs 1oz and I guessed 7lbs 6 oz...we thought it was impossible to grow much bigger than that. Well, William is weighing in at a whopping 8 lbs 1 oz. with three weeks left of packing on the pounds. We've heard that these weight guesses can be really off...but the dr. feels very confident of William's size because his length measurements are so ahead (not to mention I am quite large right now)especially his head..as I've mentioned before :)

So...all that to say we will be going in for a c section on September 8th at 6:30 in the morning. Our dr. feels that the chances of me being induced and then going through hours of labor only to end up having a c section are really high and that the risks involved (i.e. baby breaking a bone, baby breaking one of my bones, baby getting stuck..etc.)are not worth it.

That is the plan, unless God decides that's not best and I go into labor early! We will keep you all updated here as soon as William arrives. Can't believe he'll be here in a little over a week...ahhh! Lee and I really appreciate all of your prayers...keep em coming!

4 comments:

Never Enough Food said...

Awesome!!

Dash, Shae and Mason said...

WOW! That is a big baby boy! Dash and I found out Monday that we are having a boy too! Only 14 weeks along, but apparently our boy was flauting his stuff. Haha. I'll be praying for you and William these last two weeks!

the p's said...

definitely don't want him getting 'stuck'. that does not sound good. praying for you! :)

The Pereira Family said...

I can't believe it's like a week away!!! We will be in Houston on Sept. 20th and we would really love to come see all of you. We will be on touch with you next week. Love you guys!